TO JOIN US IN OUR Lisbon / Coimbra / Faro OFFICE.
As an experienced Software Engineer and hands-on technologist, you will bring a passion for building software, taking ownership of projects end to end, managing a broad scope of software challenges, and driving development in an iterative, agile manner using best practices.
Your quest for embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies will mentor the team and inspire developers and designers to follow suit.
So if this is a challenge you feel you can get your teeth into, continue reading…
- Managing the timelines, communication, and coordination of complex multi-team, multi-month engineering projects
- Capable of helping product owners to achieve business goals
- Ensuring that engineering delivery is on-track with the committed roadmap, managing any delays and escalations
- Coordinating engineering capacity across internal product R&D, defect remediation, and client projects
- Running, owning, managing, and refining key engineering organisational processes
- Collecting and reporting on key metrics of the engineering organisation to key stakeholders across the organisation
- Communicating engineering changes to the wider organisation (pre-sales, client teams, etc)
- Working day-to-day with engineering leads in the company to improve how we plan, write, and deliver software
- Helping develop best practices across the engineering team
- Running 1-1 meetings with your team members
- Mentoring/supporting the team with career goals
- Supporting code review process ensuring high-quality code is produced
- Confident/comfortable getting hands-on during urgent issues
- 7+ years of experience in Software Development
- 1+ years as a team lead (or similar senior position)
- Expertise in the full software development lifecycle (web & mobile), building and delivering products
- Current knowledge of the latest development methods and practises
- Orientation towards helping product owners to achieve business goals
- Experience managing projects from ideation to growth stage
- Effectiveness on finding mindful solutions to meet project deadlines
Our tech stack:
- Ruby / Ruby on Rails (legacy)
- SQL (MySQL / PostgreSQL)
- Mobile development (iOS, Android, React Native)
- Linux / Mac OS – command line
- Automated provisioning tools (Docker / Ansible / Capistrano)
- NoSQL (Mongo, Redis, etc)
- Photoshop / Sketch – cut & resize
Think you’d like to meet? Get in touch!
If you’d like to meet in order to discuss this opportunity with us, please submit an application here.